“Catholic schools have a moral, legal and mission-driven responsibility to create nurturing school environments where children and young people are respected, their voices are heard and where they are safe and feel safe” (CECV, 2017).
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School is dedicated to providing students and staff with a safe place to learn and grow underpinned by Christian values. We believe that Child Safety is at the core of our mission. While educating the students we use the Catholic Education Commission of Victoria (CECV) and Protect Child Safety Standards to guide our practices. We work under the Diocese of Catholic Education Limited guidelines and use their policies to guide the procedures that are implemented in our school.
Every person involved in Our Lady Star of the Sea Primary School has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.
More information is available from the following places:
All staff, volunteers, contractors, consultants, specialists, clergy and Parent & Friends Association members must sign and adhere to our Child Safety Code of Conduct.
If you have any concerns or questions regarding child safety at OLSS please contact Wendy Fall or Catherine Blackford. support is also available from the Diocese of Sale Catholic Education Limited- Industrial Relations / Human Resources Child Protection Officer Phone: (03) 5622 6600
- CECV: Commitment to Child Safety
- DOSCEL Anti Grooming Policy
- DOSCEL Behaviour Management Policy
- DOSCEL Child Protection and Safety Policy
- DOSCEL Commitment to Child Safety
- DOSCEL Duty of Care Policy
- DOSCEL Failure to Disclose Policy
- DOSCEL Failure to Protect
- DOSCEL Mandatory Reporting Policy
- DOSCEL Pastoral Care Policy
- OLSS Child Friendly Version of Child Safe Policy
- OLSS Code of Conduct
- PROTECT: Four Critical Actions