Whole School Approach to Positive Behaviour Support
All members of the school community have a significant role to play in supporting a whole school approach to positive behaviour. Where all members work collaboratively, each child and young person has the opportunity to fully participate, engage in the process of schooling and become a successful learner.
At Our Lady Star of the Sea, our whole school positive behaviour approach includes prevention, instruction, use of evidence based practices and utilises data for informed decision making. Our positive behaviour approach supports teaching and learning environments so that the academic outcomes for students is maximised.
Our whole school approach to positive behaviour support also aides the facilitation of the Personal and social Capability within the Victorian Curriculum, Child Safe Standards, duty of care and occupational health and safety.
We have high expectations for all our students and understand that:
- Students are central to all decision making and action
- The safety of students is a priority
- All students can learn
- Effective schools enable a culture of learning
- Expert teachers are critical to student learning success
- Learning and teaching is inclusive of all
- Teaching support matches the needs and talents of the student
- Effective teaching practices are research-based
- Inclusive schools actively engage and work in partnership with the local community