At Our Lady Star of the Sea, we rely heavily on the support of our volunteers, whether they are working as parent helpers in the classroom, as members of committees, attending excursions, helping out at sports carnivals or helping with special days and activities. Volunteers are a very important part of the successful operation of our school and the contribution they make is invaluable.
At OLSS we are committed to providing safe and secure learning environment for all of our students.
All volunteers at Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School must:
- participate in child safety and wellbeing induction programs and training
- act in accordance with DOSCEL and School Child Safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to the School Child Safety Code of Conduct
- understand and enact, where required, the PROTECT guidelines: Four Critical Actions for Schools.
As part of the Victorian Government Child Safety Guidelines and our own Child Safe Policy, volunteers who help at our school may be required to hold a current Working With Children Check AND must complete a volunteer application form and a commitment to child safety. An interview, induction and referee checks may also be a part of this process. All volunteers will need to complete the application form which can be downloaded from this page or as a hard copy from the school office. (see the OLSS Volunteers Policy above for further details)
- Application form - Volunteer.pdf
- Responsibilities of a Volunteer.pdf
- Volunteer Application Process.pdf
Working With Children Check
Everyone employed or volunteering needs to have a Working With Children Check (WWCC) in accordance with the new Child safe Schools regulations. WWCC cards are free for all volunteers and can be applied for online. For more information please go to the Working With Children website.